12.18.2011

Welcome!

First post on this new blog!  Where to begin...

Circle.  I looked up the word online in the Merriam Webster free online dictionary.  Quite a few meanings were listed there.  Ring.  Halo.  The orbit of a celestial body.  An area of action or influence.  Cycle, round.  

Probably my favorite definition:  A group of persons sharing a common interest or revolving about a common center.

Think about how many circles you are a part of in your everyday life.  Work.  Family.  Church.  What are the common threads?  

Lots to think about.

The name of this blog, All My Life's A Circle, comes from a Harry Chapin song.  There are lots of references to the "Circle of Life" in art, in music.  But Harry sums it up best, in my opinion:

All my life's a circle
Sunrise and sundown
The moon rolls through the night time
Til the daybreak comes around

So many circles to be explored...



 



No comments:

Post a Comment